What is different about the way we live that has more and more patients increasingly fatigued? Our environment and how we function in it has drastically changed in the past few years, and has changed faster than in any other time in our history.
- Our indoor world and media consumption habits have changed.
- The symptoms of Computer Vision Syndrome and Digital Eye Strain include chronic headache, blurred vision and overall fatigue are more prevalent.
- Viewing digital screens has substantially increased with the use of smart phones, tablets and computers.
- The light transmitted from devices to and around the eyes is full of visual noise from high-energy visible (HEV) light waves that are just beyond the visible spectrum.
- High-efficiency compact fluorescence and LED lighting have replaced inefficient incandescent bulbs.